The Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE 2018) is a competitive examination to take admission in various premium Post Graduate Engineering Colleges of India for M.Tech/M.E. All the candidates who want to take part in this examination can take part in the process of filling up the application form starting from 1st September 2017. The application form is to be filled online from GATE Online Application Processing System(GOAPS) only. These exams are a gateway to enter the most premium engineering institutes of India such as IITs, NITs and Indian Institute of Science(IISc) as well as few Public Sector Undertakings(PSUs) like Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Nuclear Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Power Grid Corporation of India also accept GATE scores.
The IIT Guwahati will conduct the first round of this entrance examination from 3rd and 4th February and second round on 10th and 11th February 2018. There are total 23 subjects in the exam and it is held in 200 examination centers all over India and 6 centers abroad.
The average number of candidates appear in GATE exams every year are around 9 Lakhs and only around 1,29,149 lakh candidates are selected by way of this exam.
Important Details for GATE Examination 2018:
- Starting date of online registration through GOAPS: 1st September 2017
- Closing date of online application of GATE 2018: 5th October 2017
- Closing date to change GATE 2018 examination center: 17th November 2017
- GATE 2018 Examination Dates: 3rd,4th,10th and 11th February 2018
- GATE 2018 examination timings: Morning:- 9 am to 12 pm To Afternoon:- 2 pm to 5 pm
- GATE 2018 Declaration of Result: 17th March 2018
- GATE 2018 Score Card: 20th March to 31st May 2018
- GATE 2018 Admit Card date: 5th January 2018